Driver: AJ Foyt
Nineteen sixty-four marked the final time that a front-engined car would enter Victory Lane at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The A.J. Foyt–driven, A.J. Watson–built Sheraton–Thompson Offy “roadster” currently appears virtually as it did on that day, having remained virtually untouched ever since, even to the point of retaining a few oil stains and debris-inflicted pockmarks. The victory was the second for both Foyt and for chief mechanic George Bignotti.
Adoption cost: $1,500
* Membership in the Borg-Warner Society (the Museum’s most esteemed group of supporters)
* A vintage photo of your adopted car in Victory Lane
* Recognition signage with the car and on the Museum’s website
* Listing on the Adopt-A-Car donor wall in the Museum
* An “I adopted” magnet of the car
* A certificate of adoption
Adoptions are for a period of one year with the option to renew annually.