In Honor of Abel King
* One-year Pace Setter membership
* A vintage photo of your adopted car
* Recognition signage with the car during the run of the exhibit
* Recognition and on the Museum’s website under current exhibits
* Listing on the Adopt-an-Exhibit donor wall in the Museum
* A certificate of adoption
Year Built: 1993
Chassis: Lola T9300
Engine: Ford Cosworth V8
Driver: Nigel Mansell
Livery Year: 1993
Sponsor: Kmart/Texaco Havoline
Nigel Mansell was the defending Formula One World Champion when he drove this Cosworth V8-powered Lola T9300 to a third-place finish in the 1993 Indianapolis 500. The 39-year-old “rookie” from the United Kingdom competed in the ”500” for car owners Carl Haas and Paul Newman, alongside Newman-Haas Racing teammate Mario Andretti.
After much fanfare (dubbed “Mansell-Mania”) upon his arrival in the Indy Car series, Mansell led a total of 34 laps in the “500.” In fact, he led the field to the restart on Lap 185, but was overtaken by fellow F1 World Champion and eventual race winner Emerson Fittipaldi.
During the season, Mansell claimed five race victories and captured the Indy Car championship, becoming the only driver to win a championship in F1 and Indy Car in consecutive years.