The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum staff is extremely excited to welcome you and all our guests to the Museum! For the health and safety of all IMS Museum guests and our employees, management has adopted rules for everyone entering the Museum building based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and best practices.
We strongly encourage you to download and print our guidelines before visiting the Museum; please click here. The contents of this document are also available below. Thank you for your continued support and understanding!
What to know before your visit:
- Masks are mandatory for all visitors age 2 and over in the IMS Museum building and tour busses, per Marion County requirement. Please bring your own mask.
- Health check: All visitors must first check in at the IMS Museum main entrance and undergo a quick, no-contact temperature check. Any guest registering a fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 Celsius or higher) will be asked to leave, along with their party. Guests must also fill out a quick medical waiver form; to expedite your health check, you may download the waiver by taking a picture of the QR code (below) using the Photo app on your smartphone. Once you’ve completed the form, it will be forwarded to the IMS Museum welcome desk.
Or Click Here For Medical Waiver
- Temporarily offline: For now, the Museum will not accept cash, and the ATM is not available. Please use credit and debit cards only. Also, ticket “pass outs” are suspended, meaning visitors may not purchase a museum admission ticket, leave the museum and re-enter later that day. (This policy does not apply to IMS Museum members, but members will have to be re-screened upon re-entry.)
- Routine maintenance: Please diligently observe social distancing protocol (6 feet or more). Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after touching anything in the museum’s public spaces. When possible, avoid unnecessary contact altogether.
- No rush: Most importantly, if you feel ill, please stay home! “From the Vault presented by Bank of America” runs through March 21, 2021, and our newest exhibit, “Granatelli: Larger Than Life presented by O’Donovan & McCardel Wealth Management of Raymond James” runs through June 20, 2021. There is plenty of time to see all the IMS Museum has to offer.
Visitor Expectations: What is the IMS Museum doing to ensure your health?
- Vigilance: All museum staff are always required to wear masks in public areas, and they must undergo a temperature check and review and sign a health checklist each day.
- Capacity is restricted: A maximum of 100 guests will be permitted inside the Museum building at a time (including IMS Photo Retail and Gift Shops). Tour bus and tram capacity is also highly restricted. Directional aisleways and additional spaces between exhibits have been created to maximize social distancing.
- Interactives: All interactive kiosks and displays are temporarily closed.
- At the Ready: IMS Museum staff have installed plexiglass barriers in the lobby, nine hand sanitizing stations throughout the Museum, and implemented a robust, ongoing cleaning and sanitizing schedule for all public surfaces.
Questions? Please call the welcome desk at 317-492-6784. We’re eager to welcome you back to “The Racing Capital of the World,” and to provide you with the highest-level customer service experience. See you soon!